Friday, December 21, 2007

Shadow

(posted in Dec 20th, 2007)

I am very happy when I feel that a simple creation, a blog, is representing something valuable for many people. Through their messages I can see that most of them are “finding something” and “finding themselves” here. It is a joy!

I intend to post a message everyday. Sometimes, it will be just a brief “good morning and a smile" but I believe that even small gestures are meaningful. Keep writing, leave your comments. I do want to hear you.

This morning, when I thought about writing, the word “shadow” came to my mind, while I was walking in a park, and because of that I connected with the relief it provides in summer times, inviting us to retire. In that chain of thoughts (so fast), it guided me to darkness, that immediately brought me the scene of a pregnancy……the silent fetus growing inside the womb….until the day to face the light!

We have many periods of pregnancy in life, called retracting periods, when retirement is essential to give birth to new ideas and to help us to understand the old ones.

In fact, the biggest “shadow” we face in life is “the dark night of the soul”, our thermometer of evolution, a period when the soul is temporally suspended without any protection, to have its strength evaluated.

Well, in shadow or light, we keep going……

(*) There is a Portuguese version of this blog, in case you have a friend who wants to talk to us but it is unable because of the language.
The address is www.amigosdovelatropa.blogspot.com.
We will have the Spanish version soon.

No comments: